Research is the diligent enquiry which seeks or revises principles, theories or applications. It is the driving wheel for National development. A typical research centre is a hob of activities resulting in frequent turn out of research findings/ results. Mission: to promote and facilitate leading- edge research Promotion of interdepartmental and interdisciplinary research activities which Read More ...
Research is the diligent enquiry which seeks or revises principles, theories or applications. It is the driving wheel for National development. A typical research centre is a hob of activities resulting in frequent turn out of research findings/ results.
- to promote and facilitate leading- edge research
- Promotion of interdepartmental and interdisciplinary research activities which will add value to the departments through mounting of departmental / school Seminars
- Regular communication of Centre’s activities and opportunities for student and staff involvement.
- Development of Networks between the Centre and researchers in the public and private sectors, locally, nationally and internationally
Collaboration with industries to translate the research findings into tangible products and thereby patent the intellectual property (IP). So many viable research projects currently litter our laboratory stores in the Polytechnic. These are IPs that have been developed but not patented; collaboration with industries through making the necessary contacts will make patenting possible. To achieve this, the research directorate will develop a bank for projects given to students in each department and from this, commercially viable ones will be identified.
- Researches that have local content are encouraged as this will impact positively on the immediate environment.
- The Centre organises training for staff of the Polytechnic on how to design researches and undertake same.
- Staff are provided up to date information on funding and Grant opportunities world over which will help drive their researches.
- To ensure research findings are not dumped on the shelf, biannual workshops and conferences are organised. Such conferences are advertised and executed according to international standards which includes early (one year pre-event) advert on the Polytechnic and conference websites. And pop up alerts are sent using appropriate tools.
- Efforts are made to transfer knowledge to the society through outreach e,g Collaborative research, seminars, workshops, lectures, websites, publications etc and where applicable through technology transfer, contract and commercialisation of IP
- The Centre organises Colloquiums where renowned scientists and researchers within and outside the country will be invited to discuss trending topics in Research and Development.
- Linkages are established with other institution-based Research Centres within and outside the country for idea sharing and research collaborations.
- Existing linkages like the AU-IBERS / FPA project is strengthened.
- Mentorship on Research is introduced whereby young researchers (mentees) will be attached to older ones (Mentors) who will help them have a research focus and thereby deliver ideas conceived. In due course the mentee is established as an independent researcher
- Collaborations with the CEDVS and The Centre for Engineering Innovation in areas of common interest to realise the vision of the Polytechnic and the Rector’s BEST vision